Devotional - The Work of the Holy Spirit

David Virtue DVirtue236 at AOL.COM
Thu May 24 01:37:34 EDT 2001

Devotional - The Work Of The Holy Spirit

"When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and
righteousness and judgment:" - John 16:8

Robert Rosett was born October 15, 1953 in Queens, New York City. His
family was culturally Jewish, but atheistic in their beliefs. As a
teenager, Robert felt a spiritual emptiness, which he sought to fill
through yoga, Zen, drugs and the occult. After graduating from high
school, he enrolled in Queens College in New York majoring in music.
One summer, Robert and his girlfriend from college moved to Berkeley,
California. For the next two years, Robert found himself in a downward
spiral of adultery, lies, drugs and tobacco addiction. Meanwhile, his
girlfriend found the Lord.

Angered at Robert's self-destructiveness, she threw a New Testament at
Robert and yelled: "Read this!"

He did and as Robert remembers: "It was like being hit with a brick.
The righteousness I was trying so desperately (yet unsuccessfully) to
produce had been offered to me as a free gift! As I continued to read,
I fell in love with Jesus, but my journey was far from over." It took
another two years, but as Robert searched the Scriptures the Lord led
him to salvation on October 18, 1977. From there the Lord has led
Robert to medical school and he now ministers to migrant workers and
shares his Christian faith.

The Holy Spirit convicts people of their sins and guides them to Jesus
Christ. Are you feeling spiritually restless? Today in prayer, confess
any sin in your life to the Lord and spend some extra time in His Word
and in prayer.

Savior, fill me with Thy Spirit As I seek and wait and pray, Bend and
break me, blessed Master- Make me wholly Thine today." - Oswald J.
Smith

God's Word: "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you
into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what
he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." - John 16:13

By Peter Kennedy